Le Moulin de Valaurie,
4-star hotel in the Drôme
Near the Autoroute du soleil (A7), Le Moulin de Valaurie**** is the central point to explore the surroundings, to discover a rich region known for its nature and cultural abundance. It promises a varied stay: in the heart of Provence countryside and only 10 minutes from Grignan. Wine tourism in neighbouring vineyards, farmer's markets, authentic villages, historical sites. Sports lovers can travel to the Gorges de l’Ardèche.
Address: Chemin du Moulin, Le Foulon, 26230 Valaurie
Latitude : 44.4196702
Longitude : 4.822559800000022
Autoroute A7: exit Montélimar-Sud, 10 minutes to Valaurie
Plan your route with Via Michelin
Montélimar TGV station 20 km from the Valence TGV train station, 70 km from Valaurie.
70 km from aéroport Valence-Chabeuil
88 km from aéroport Avignon-Provence
Main cities in the vicinity
In the heart of the Drome countryside and easy to access, Le Moulin de Valaurie**** opens its doors to Provence, an authentic place to stay: either as part of a journey, or for a longer holiday. Valaurie village offers many outings, charm and history, nature, vineyards and gourmet discoveries.
History and culture
- Château de Grignan
- Château de Suze-la-Rousse
- Villages perched above the Drôme: Garde-Adhémar, Poët-Laval, Saint-Benoît en Diois, Grâne, Puy-Saint-Martin, Eurre, Mirabel-et-Blacons, Autichamp, Saoû, Mirmande, Crest, Chabrillan, Allex, Suze, Moitonson, Cobonne, Livron-sur-Drôme, Beaufort-sur-Gervanne, Le Poët-Célard, Monclar-sur-Gervanne, Cliousclat, Aunaveys-la-Rochette, Eygluy-Escoulin, Montbrun-les-Bains and Igors-et-Lozeron.
- The Crocodiles Farm
Craftsmanship and savoir-faire
- Wine tourism: named “Vineyards & Discoveries”in 2017, Le Moulin de Valaurie**** is a choice stop on the wine route of Drôme Provençale. The AOC wines of Grignan-les-Adhémar, les Côtes du Rhône Méridionaux, le Cru Vinsobres, and, further to the East, Coteaux des Baronnies, are known for their terroir in the heart of the Rhône valley.
- Syrups, liqueurs and distilled spirits Eyguebelle , in Valaurie
- Le comptoir de Mathilde
- Nougat de Montélimar
- Truffle market
- Durance: beauty products, perfumes, decoration, etc.
Ambience, flavours, freshness and savoir-faire: the ingredients that make markets the reputation of Drôme Provençale, first organic region in France. Put it in your plans!
- Valaurie (from June to August): Sunday morning
- Chamaret: Monday morning (7 km)
- Grignan: Tuesday morning (9 km)
- Saint-Paul-Trois-Châteaux: Tuesday morning (10 km)
- Suze-la-Rousse: Friday morning (19 km)
- Sainte-Cécile-les-Vignes (many organic producers): Saturday morning (25 km)
- Tulette: Monday morning (27 km)
- Nyons: Thursday and Sunday mornings, May to September (32 km, one of the most beautiful in the region!)
This list is not complete